Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Who do you have in your corner?

I'm not proud to admit this but my personal time with the Lord has gotten to be, for lack of a better term, dull. I've always felt that if I just put my trust in Him that everything else would fall into place, however, if I don't take the time for Him and listen for his voice I often get in my own way. The AWESOME thing is He's always there, he won't turn his back on me regardless of the mess I may make of my life trying to forge my own way. He's got my back, He's in my corner, ALWAYS!  Hebrews 13:5b say "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Isn't that a comforting thought?

I'm a work in progress, always will be, God will always be at work in me until the day I take my last breath. So for now I take comfort in the fact that I can "work" on spending more time with him and listening for his voice. I have this great devotional book call God's Purpose for Every Woman by Lysa Terkeurst. I like to just open it up randomly, and absolutely love that no matter what page I turn to it's like "here Kari I wrote this just for you!" Love that feeling.

Open my ears Lord, help me to listen....

No comments:

Post a Comment