Friday, November 5, 2010

Things Above

It's been a while since I've blogged. I've been struggling lately with my own confidence. In my abilities as a mother, a wife, a friend and the list goes on. Reflecting on my life I think about how often I feel like I have to please other people. I do things in hopes of making other people happy in the end hoping that they will accept me. I did it all through high school and even though I like to believe that changed when I became an independent adult I'm not so sure I can claim that. I still have the desire to feel well liked by everyone. I can't stand when I feel like someone may have a bad opinion about me, or looks at me for the person I was back when they knew me as opposed to the person I am now.

When I think about it or even say it out loud, I think how stupid. Why should any of that matter? In Colossians 3:2 it says to "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." I look at this verse and often think about the "things" I waste time worrying about. The opinions of others shouldn't matter to me when I compare them to the "things above." In the end those opinions that I lose sleep over, truly won't matter. There is only ONE, that will.

No comments:

Post a Comment