Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Time for Everything

I can remember when I found out for the first time that I was expecting. I was SO excited. Not only could I not wait to be a mom, but I had huge expectations of the kind of mom I would be. Now, 3 children later I find I'm setting myself up with similar high expectations. I find myself stuck in a never ending cycle; start my day off with unlikely goals, realize that there is no way I can accomplish all of them, wonder why and feel depressed. To make matters worse I compare my life to others; relatives, friends, and even mom's on TV! I wonder if other moms can do it, why can't I?

But here's the thing, I realized that I've begun to focus too much on what I'm not, and that while I'm wasting time beating myself up I'm missing out on opportunities with my children. They're the reason I'm a mom! God put them in my care, and he did that for a reason. I may not feel like the best mom in the world, but to them I am! Right now they are all that matters, not keeping the house perfect, not keeping up on their non-exsistant scrapbooks, not caring about the spilled milk on the floor, and not trying to be super mom!

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 talks about a time for everything. Like my Mom's Devoitional Bible states: "A time to focus on our children and a time to give attention to ourselves and our dreams" I'm reminded that I can't do the impossible, right now I may not be able to do everything. I have to accept that and remember that most importantly I need to just be MOM.


No comments:

Post a Comment